Rockwell Collins Principal Lean Consultant - Continuous Improvement in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Requisition ID: 11406
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Lean Consultant - Continuous Improvement to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins’ Supply Chain Quality organization is seeking a seasoned and dynamic professional to serve as Pr. Lean Consultant. The candidate will provide expertise and guidance for process improvement teams regarding team dynamics, change management, process re-design strategies, and performance improvement tool sets especially those of Lean, Six Sigma, APQP/PPAP, Agile, etc. The candidate will train, coach and mentor internal and external stakeholders as well as support leadership in the development and implementation of strategic enterprise initiatives.
· Developing material for and teaching various Continuous Improvement methodologies, Root Cause & Corrective Action, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools, PPAP, Agile, etc.
· Facilitating department projects and Continuous Improvement events.
· Advanced data collection and analysis techniques.
· Developing solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation, while ensuring solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
· Developing intra- and inter-organizational relationships with the ability to communicate with all levels of leadership and employees, peers, customers, suppliers, academicians, and external entities on a global basis.
· Acting independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
· Assessing progress and establishes cadence reporting on performance goals.
· Understands complex systems process analysis, design and simulation in order to drive teams to understand, define, and resolve problems.
· Serving as an expert within the organization, having broad expertise that supports high level strategies.
· Advising on team design and performance, providing development, coaching and training.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Required skills/qualificiations:
Six Sigma Certification(s) and relevant experience
Experience with complex problem solving in manufacturing and/or supply chain environments
Experience as a continuous improvement leader driving strategic change
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.