Rockwell Collins Sr Regulatory Compliance Specialist in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Requisition ID: 10566
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Regulatory Compliance Specialist to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Regulatory Compliance Specialists interact with and provide guidance to all levels of personnel within the corporation with respect to export and import activity. The specialist secures export/import licenses and agreements. This role interfaces with State Department, Commerce Department, Customs, and other federal regulatory agencies at a transactional level. The mission of the specialist is to ensure that Rockwell Collins personnel are adequately educated and that appropriate procedures are in place to ensure that international trade activities performed by Rockwell Collins are executed in a manner that is compliant with export and import regulations.
Prepare and administer a variety of complex license and agreement applications requiring US Government approval for the export of technical data, hardware, services, and temporary export/import licenses. Submit licenses and agreements to various government organizations.
Assignments involve the understanding of government regulations and the application of departmental procedures and workflow activities across several business units. Collaborate with customer account administration, shipping, programs and engineering to address work activities and resolve issues. Direct responsibility for performance metrics such as on time delivery, customer acceptance/satisfaction, and first time pass rate.
Demonstrate creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Effectively communicates across the team. Acts as a catalyst for process change, assisting the team in integrating new processes with existing ones. Leads, engages and communicates changes to impacted teams.
Strong computer skills with ability to learn new systems efficiently. Utilize SAP, MS-Office, Excel, Teamspace, and a variety of business applications to create/edit export authorizations accurately and efficiently.
· Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline, or, in the absence of a bachelor’s degree, six years of related experience.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Experience facilitating or leading projects.
· Requires knowledge of information flow, value stream and process mapping, business improvement tools and techniques.
· Understands complex systems process analysis, design and simulation in order to drive teams to understand and define the process improvements needed.
· Strong written and oral communications, collaboration and research skills.
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as a team player
· Strong organizational skills and ability handle multiple, conflicting priorities among a wide array of projects and assignments
· Sound judgement, professional demeanor, good work ethic and business acumen.
· The individual will possess knowledge and be able to apply and interpret federal regulations as they apply to export and/or import activities. The individual must be able to self-check work to meet company, regulatory and industry requirements and guidelines.
· US Export/Import regulatory knowledge and experience preferred (not required).
· Knowledge of SAP is preferred but not required.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.