Rockwell Collins Sr Software Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Requisition ID: 10158
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Software Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position involves creating driver and operating system software for Rockwell Collins display products.
Specific activities include:
Develop C/C++ software for Application Programmer Interface (API), as well as device driver software for Commercial Graphics Processors and custom FPGA and ASICs designed by Rockwell Collins.
This position requires experience with real-time, safety critical software development. Experience with DO-178B or C is highly desirable. This job will require working in all phases of software creation, from planning, implementation, integration , and verification. Experience interfacing with Operating Systems (preferably Linux and Real Time OS) is highly important.
In addition, this role will require the following:
· Support software bids (SEER-SEM experience a plus)
· Perform detailed planning for new software developments
· Ensure DO-178B/C process is being adhered to
· Experience with engineering configuration management tools
· Perform as peer review resource for all software artifacts
· Perform as Cost Account Manager (CAM) for software efforts
· Support CAM reviews with Technical Project Managers as needed
· Ability to work closely with hardware engineers to debug HW/SW problems
· Ability to work in a software team with other skilled software engineers
· An applied background of RTCA DO-178B/C software development and verification process and the ability to create all software artifacts in support of the DO-178B/C process
· A personal drive to meet or exceed schedule milestones and to adhere to project budgets
· Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
· Proficiency with C, and C++, and assembly language
· Strong Linux background, especially in device drivers
· Knowledge of OpenGL graphics software
· Software experience developing for a Real Time Operating System (RTOS)
· PCI and PCIe bus structure and addressing as it relates to software
· Agile software development experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.