Rockwell Collins Sr Manufacturing Electrical Engineer in Coralville, Iowa
Requisition ID: 10821
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Manufacturing Electrical Engineer to join our team in Coralville, IA (1010). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Electrical Engineer with experience to work in our GPS manufacturing facility in Coralville. This position will work with a variety of technology while supporting multiple product lines in our Government Systems Operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in understanding, troubleshooting complex RF circuitry, and communicating solutions to a broad range of audiences.
This position will be part of an integrated product line staff that will support test solutions for new and existing GPS products. Time management, prioritization, multitasking, and clear communication skills are a must. Daily tasks will include working in close coordination with test technicians, industrial engineers, build operators and other support staff. The candidate that will fill this position would benefit greatly having experience/expertise in lab view software development, test stand application use, Minitab data analysis tools, and use of troubleshooting equipment, not limited to: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position also requires support and troubleshooting of ESS and vibration test equipment and software suites.
· Yield analysis and defect mode identification
· Capacity analysis of product specific equipment
· Review new product test solutions that maximize test coverage and fit in manufacturing process
· Prepare and present project/technical information to peers, internal management and customers
· Execute lean electronics improvement activities
· Coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules
· Support production schedule
· Continuously evaluate process flow and remove barriers impeding yield and throughput goals
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
· Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance - US Citizenship required
· Experience in GPS receiver theory and operation
· Experience with Root Cause Analysis
· Experience with Lean Sigma principles
· Experience with SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Circuit analysis (ability to understand circuit function from schematic) is required.
· Knowledge of FPGA configuration and ASIC technologies is a plus.
· Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to delegate work to other team members as necessary in order to meet commitments
· Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments without constant supervision.
· Factory support experience.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.