Rockwell Collins Senior Network Engineer in Crawley, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 11812
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team in Crawley, West Sussex. At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins training, networking and mentoring.
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Working as part of the Infrastructure team you will be supporting Rockwell Collins solutions for the Aviation Industry. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting and developing the network infrastructure to meet the business needs.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience supporting complex networks. They will possess strong demonstrable networking skills (CCNP level) and be keen to develop skills in other technology areas. The candidate will be joining a small highly skilled team and need to be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and demands. The candidate will need to be self-starting and be happy to mentor other team members in their specific technology area.
· Provide technical support and troubleshoot issues with hardware, connectivity, and system components as part of customer operational support, or as part of a project delivery activities.
· Research, plan, design, implement and report on projects related to the network infrastructure.
· Define and implement processes and procedures to support the operation and compliance requirements network infrastructure.
· Provide leadership to the Infrastructure team in the absence of the Infrastructure Manager.
· Be a part of the On Call Rota providing 24x7 cover for critical systems.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Extensive knowledge of managing, configuring and supporting complex networks.
· Extensive knowledge of Cisco routing and switching platforms.
· Hands on experience working with Cisco Nexus.
· Check Point Security Appliances
· Palo Alto Networks Security appliances
· Load Balancers (Riverbed/Brocade/PulseSecure)
· Linux (CentOS, Debian)
· Cloud Services (AWS/Azure)
· Monitoring (Nagios)
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status.