Rockwell Collins Sr PC Support Technician in Narita, Japan
Rockwell Collins is a leader in aviation and high-integrity solutions for commercial and military customers around the world. Every day we help pilots safely and reliably navigate to the far corners of the earth; keep warfighters aware and informed in battle; deliver millions of messages for airlines and airports; and help passengers stay connected and comfortable throughout their journey. As experts in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, cabin interiors, information management, mission communications, and simulation and training, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of products and services that can transform our customers' futures.
With 30,000 employees working around the globe and a network of operations spanning 150 countries, Rockwell Collins is positioned to meet customers’ needs with innovative and reliable products and systems and by delivering superior customer value, service and support. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com .
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team!
We are currently hiring a Senior PC Support Technician to join our Airports Systems Managed Services Japan Team (formerly known as ARINC) based in the Japan Narita Airport .
· Supervising and managing end to end onsite subcontractor personnel management including hiring, performance and off-boarding
· Responsible for the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) target on system operations including server and network.
· Regular communication with the customer on site progress, and take any remedial action for deficiencies.
· Serve as customer liaison and point of contact for all key activities with a variety of airlines and airport authority customers including Senior Executives. This includes but is not limited to the following: airline upgrades, Airport System (CUPPS - Common Use Passenger Processing System) hardware relocation for airport gate and/or check-in counter expansion, ensuring continual compliance and reporting of service level performance, escalations, and ensuring customer, corporate or local procedures/expectations are in compliance, installations, etc.
· Develop on site policy and procedures
· In unexpected illegality cases, he/she shall be responsible for on-site shift duty.
· Promote continual quality improvements and development of quality control programs.
· Conduct to develop training material and organize training sessions for system users.
· Meet regularly with the airport and airlines to review the current service performance, present reports on equipment and service reliability and any other general topics for discussion
· Reports to and will be required to work closely with the Regional Manager to learn, to assist, and to be able to carry out documented site operation administration duties.
· He/she will require security clearance to work in any area of the airport where supported equipment is located.
· Conduct to prepares system operational manuals and documentation
· A liaison between local team and Tulsa engineering division
· As monthly base, collecting system usage date and coordinate with related finance team for billing to the customer
· Cost management by each program as EAC owner ( Estimate at Completion )
· Preferable six or more years of related airport operations experience.
· Bachelors’ degree; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Experience in communicating with all levels of line management to include executive team.
· Individual is knowledgeable and experienced in project management and can effectively plan, communicate and coordinate complex projects
· Proven ability to gather appropriate information and provide direction to staff in handling critical, flight operations dependent, outage situations
· Effective communication in Japanese and English (written, oral, and presentation skills), negotiation, interpersonal, organizational and personnel management.
· Preferential skills and experience, Network skills (CCNA), higher knowledge for Windows OS/Windows Server OS.
Provides second-tier technical support to internal and/or external customers either remotely or at the customer's desk regarding the installation, operation, move, configuration, customization, and usage of client hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems.
Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience